As I could not find a table small enough to fit beside my bed, I decided to make one from copper pipes, because I'd seen a lot of pictures and ideas on Pinterest. I chose a (what I thought was) simple shape that didn't require any bended corners or general complicatedness!
Once I had assembled all the bits I decided it was best to glue them in place using araldite but it is probably better to solder them if you can!
I'm really pleased with the result, though I think I need to give it a bit of a polish! Thanks to the guys at Plumbtech in Frome for cutting all the many pieces of pipe for me and Roman Glass where I got the custom cut bit of glass for the top.